Recipe By: Chef JJ’s Back Yard
Serving Size: 20
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons butter (lightly salted)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Beat eggs in large mixing bowl with paddle attachment for 4 minutes. Do not skip this step!
2. Add sugar, and continue beating for another 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and stir on low until just combined.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add to eggs and sugar on low speed until just combined.
4. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter on low heat just until butter is melted. Add to batter, beat just until combined.
5. Pour into a greased and floured 8″ round cake pans.
6. Bake at 325 using indirect heat until the middle springs back when touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from grill and let stand in pan for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto wire cooling racks and cool completely.
This recipe was featured in our Moody Meats class on March 12, 2013